Saturday 8 October 2016

A day at the Pumpkin Fields


Ever since I was young I've always wanted to go and pick my own pumpkin but I always thought it was something that was only big in  America, I honestly never knew we had pumpkin fields in the UK and definitely did not think you could go and pick your own pumpkins. When I mentioned to my boyfriend I've always wanted to go pumpkin picking and since hes away for work for 2 weeks at Halloween, he said have a google and we'll go somewhere. I found this Farm which wasn't to far from where we live so off we went to Farmer Copley's and found some amazing pumpkins and had an amazing day Here are some pictures I took. 
If you would like to check out Farmer Copleys  the link is below:
http://www.farmercopleys.co.uk/





This is what the fields look like, they have 3 big fields of pumpkins but only two was open to the public today (I'm guessing they've saving some for the busier times) I have never seen so many pumpkins and a wide variety of pumpkins, they are so many different types of pumpkin.




I found the perfect little pumpkin to decorate my room (The one I'm holding in the picture). When you arrive at Farmer Copleys you can take a wheel borrow and go searching for the perfect pumpkins. We ended up with 5 pumpkins 1 large 2 small a red pumpkin and  a baby pumpkin.





Look at the variety of Pumpkins was I being naive for only thinking there is only one type of pumpkin? They also have some white pumpkins and they are the ones that grow really big the worker told me she had just weighed one what was 26KG!



Our Pumpkins <3









Once you have picked your Pumpkins you can go and look round the massive farm shop that's on site. We bought pumpkin loaf, pumpkin cake, pumpkin sausages and some more variety of sausages. They also have Cafe called Moo cafe which sell all homegrown food which is delicious!

Thanks for Reading
Lauren
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment